Monday, February 19, 2007

WORRIES

I am kind of worried that because of the limited resources here in Japan, Nikki and Ethan have been lagging behind in their lessons. We have stayed here for 6 months and I think that because most of their learning materials are in Manila, their learning was somehow hindered. But of course, when I read some messages from other homeschooling moms about taking it easy, about going with the flow and child readiness, I have to force myself to take a step back, breathe slowly and not to panic about pushing the boys too far. I know sometimes, I want the boys to excel in many subjects (sooo many people are pressuring me to send them to school!!!) but of course, I have to remind myself that I'm doing more harm than good that way. So, for now, this will be like a vacation for them. Oh yes, they are still learning some lessons now and then, but once we get back home, we will be more focused and they will have their fun learning materials again. Can't wait. =D