Tuesday, April 24, 2007

PIANO-PLAYING

Nikki has learned a song on the piano. I taught him Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and he got it immediately! In fact, I taught it to him only once! This is so great! I knew that Nikki's personality fit perfectly with piano-playing. The good thing about this piece is that the melody could be played for other songs as well like the ABC song and Baa Baa Black Sheep. So it's wonderful that we can already sing 3 songs using this one piece. I've been trying to teach him Happy Birthday but we got as far as the second line. I'm not worried. When he's ready to learn he'll learn it fast. For now, I'm just happy that he goes to the piano, sits and plays it on his own. I hope he'll love the piano when he is bigger... Already he likes to listen to classical music. His favorite? Spring by Antonio Vivaldi. I hope that's a good sign...