Thursday, June 21, 2007

GLOBE


This is the boys' newest learning tool. Nikki actually demanded I buy the globe. When I asked him why he said that so he "could go around the world in 80 days". That is based on his DVD, a Mickey Mouse story where Mickey Mouse and his friends went around the world in 80 days. So okay, I figured, he will learn more with the globe as a guide.
Nikki already knows the oceans (Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic and Indian) from Little Einsteins. He also knows some of the countries and their flags based on the Mickey DVD. Maybe later on I will teach him the continents and then other countries. For now, he likes looking for the countries. When I say, "Do you see Germany?" and when he can't find it immediately, I add another clue: "It's in Europe, baby." So, he'll then know that Germany is in the European continent. He enjoys the game a lot.
Ethan on the other hand loves the globe for what it is. An inflatable ball. =D But he does call it "Earth". Cute.