Thursday, July 26, 2007

SINK-FLOAT EXPERIMENT

The other day, Nikki and I did a sink-float experiment. I could tell that Nikki could easily answer the questions in his workbook, but I wanted him to experience first-hand whether the objects would sink or float and not simply guess. So that's what we did. =D


The materials: a rock, a sponge, a leaf, a piece of paper, a ball, a coin and a ruler. And of course, a tin full of water.

Nikki was pointing to the feather in his workbook because we could not find a feather so I told him, we'll do that some other time. =D











First, the rock. Yup, it sank! =D














Nikki shows me the leaf before putting it in the tin of water. =D
Even if this experiment lasted only a short while, I could tell that Nikki had fun. Next week, we'll do the egg experiment. =D