Saturday, October 13, 2007

DOT-TO-DOT

Ethan does not like it when I try to teach him things. He prefers to do it on his own and learn by trial and error. I respect his learning style even if it frustrates me sometimes because I'm so used to teaching the traditional way with Nikki (workbooks, etc.). But anyway, I try to give Ethan some learning tools that will help him in his process. I bought him a write-and-wipe book and he would doodle in it without knowing exactly what to do. But the other day, I saw him carefully following the dots to make a picture and I was so happy and proud of him! I realized that Ethan does not want to be pushed and would do things when he is good and ready. And that's just the way he is. And really, that's no problem with me at all just as long as he learns, he loves learning and would want to continue learning always. =D