Monday, January 21, 2008

RHYMING WORDS


Nikki has this workbook that had cutouts at the back. When he was done with the book, I cut out the words and let him put the rhyming words together. He got them all correctly in one try. I am actually thinking of upping Nikki's lessons a bit because he seems to know the basic stuff already. But of course, we will be doing reviews from time to time just to keep him on the right track. So far, aside from rhyming words, I have been letting him practice dexterity: putting on his clothes, eating with spoon and fork, tying, cutting paper, beading, etc. We have also tried to do some hands-on activities like baking cookies. He seems to enjoy those. I think he was starting to get bored with worksheet lessons so I'm trying to put a bit of variety in our lessons. I think I need to plan our lessons more carefully. Maybe we could have one major activity for the day and then minor lessons after. Hopefully, we will be more orgnized in the coming months.


Wish us luck!