Wednesday, August 15, 2007

BOARDGAMES

Nikki has lately become interested in board games for which I am glad. A few months ago, Nikki had a pretty difficult time losing. Yes, he was a sore loser. He would usually whine, cry, toss something or even hit his dad when he would lose in one of their Mario Bros. games. That kind of worried me because I wanted him learn how to lose gracefully. But I didn't push it and instead, whenever he would lose, I would simply encourage him and tell him, "It's okay, Nikki. You will do better next time and beat Daddy." And he would try again. I bought him these board games in the past to just let him know that games are fun whether he wins or loses. I'm happy to say that now, Nikki is no longer a sore loser. When I would win a game, he would just say, "I'll win the next time, Mommy!" No more tantrums, no more throwing things, no more crying. I'm so proud of him. =D