Saturday, June 23, 2007

PLAYING IN THE RAIN



Today is such a wonderful rainy day. At around 1130 this morning, it started to rain and boy, did it rain hard. Nikki was quite excited about the rain and asked if he could play in it. I let the rain fall for a few minutes before indulging the boys. I must say it was so much fun seeing them running around on the road outside with only their briefs. It brought back memories of me, my sis and cousins at my grandma's house playing in the rain - in our birthday suits! That was always a lot of fun even if sometimes, we would slip and fall on our butts. Nikki and Ethan were the only kids playing in the rain this morning. I suppose we don't have to worry about getting sick and missing school because they are both homeschooled. But we did see a man standing in the rain outside their home (a few houses away from ours). I think he was a bit envious of the fun the boys were having under the downpour. Anyway, after a good 40 minutes of play, the rain let up and I bathed the boys. Nikki tattled on about how much fun he had in the rain so I promised him that he could do that again next time. Me, I'm just glad that it rained today! =D